【Main Composition】Ceftiofur Hydrochloride
【Physical appearance】 It is suspension of subparticle, subparticle sinks when standing and will to be homogeneous milk white suspension when shaking.
【Pharmacological effect】Pharmacodynamic: This product has broad-spectrum bactericidal effect. It is effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria including β-lactamase-producing bacteria. Sensitive bacteria are mainly Pasteurella multocida, Pasteurella hemolytica, Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Salmonella, E.coli, Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, etc. Some of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Enterococcus have drug resistance. Its antibacterial activity against Streptococcus stronger than fluoroquinolones. It is commonly used for the treatment of the cattle acute respiratory system infection (e.g. bronchopneumonia caused by Pasteurella), bovine mastitis, pig actinobacillus pleuropneumonia, etc in veterinary clinical.
Pharmacokinetics: Ceftiofur hydrochloride is not suitable for oral administration which can’t be absorbed. It can be quickly absorbed by intramuscular/subcutaneous injection and be widely distribution, but can’t pass through the blood-brain barrier. High drug concentration in blood and tissue and can last long time. Meanwhile, it can generate active metabolites desfuroyiceftiofur in the body and further metabolize as inactive product excreted from urine and feces. This product has long half-life of 3.2, 2.5, 2.8, 14.5, 4.1, 6.8 and 7.5 hours respectively in horse, cattle, sheep, pig, dog, chicken and turkey. This product can be used in combination with the inhibition of evacuant to improve blood drug concentration and prolong the half-life.
【Drug interactions】This product with penicillin and aminoglycoside combination have synergistic effect.
【Indication】Antibiotic drugs. For the treatment of porcine bacterial respiratory disease.
【Usage and dosage】 Intramuscular injection: 5mg/kg of body weight each time and once a day, 3 consecutive days for pig.
(1)It has renal toxicity.
(2) It may lead to gastrointestinal tract flora disorder or double infection.
(3) It may cause the characteristic of hair removal and itching for cattle.
(4) A few patient animals may be allergic to ceftiofur.
(1) It should be fully shaken before use and should not be frozen. It should be used up within 14 days after the first use.
(2) For allergic reaction animals which should be treated as injection of epinephrine in time.
(3) Ceftiofur mainly excreted by renal, for renal insufficiency animals should be adjust the dosage.
(4) Keep out of reach of children.
(5) The staff who have history of penicillin and cephalosporin drug allergy are prohibited contact with the goods.
【Withdrawal period】4 days for pig.
【Package】50ml, 100ml or as per your requirements.
【Storage】Stored at cool, dry and dark place with seal.